Japan Club - Montclair State University

japanc.weebly.com

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Japanatainment Nights Suggestion/Club Meeting Presentation?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Densha_Onna

PostSubject: Japanatainment Nights Suggestion/Club Meeting Presentation?   Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi everyone!
Just another idea here. Maybe when we hold Japanatainment nights or during a meeting, we could show brief Japanese dubs of American shows. I think it's pretty cool to watch Japanese dubs. I've seen clips of Harry Potter, Friends, The Simpsons, some Disney movies, and even Hannah Montana (it's popular with young Japanese girls Razz )

The only thing with this is that since they're dubbed in Japanese, there are no English subtitles. If we wanted to show it, we would need to show it in short clips. Or, we could place a side-by-side comparison with the English clip if needed (this too would have to be short because we'd be seeing the same scene twice).

I don't know about you guys, but I think that would be a pretty cool thing to see. Since we always watch subs/dubs of Japanese stuff, how about we see things the other way around?

I also recently saw a Japanese dub of The Boondocks (for those of you who like the show; I think it's cool!) The only thing most people seem to dislike is the opening theme song they chose to replace the Boondocks theme (it's a Japanese hip-hop song, and the song itself is nice, but it doesn't seem to fit well with the show opening)
afro The Boondocks Japanese Opening

The Boondocks Episode 1 Clip in Japanese

Anyway thanks for reading! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/ashley.matarama

Japanatainment Nights Suggestion/Club Meeting Presentation?
Page 1 of 1